To say that the last 8 months have been easy would be a lie. I have been struggling with everything in my life since the summer and I will say that a little part of me has really been lost. I have been struggling with who I am and who I was for the last few months and it’s been the reason I haven’t really blogged much. Being able to stay positive and rise above it all has been a struggle.
I lost a little bit of myself over the past few months and I wasn’t sure I wanted to keep blogging or writing but I realized that writing and sharing on my blog was a large part of who I am and I have missed it. So with that in mind, I am going to really try and motivate myself every day and get back to what I love. Here are some tips I have been using to stay positive and live every day to the best of my ability.
- Remember that you are the only person in control of your happiness. It isn’t up to your spouse or significant other to make sure you are happy. You are the only person that can do that and every day I wake up I say to myself that today is going to be a good day (except Mondays because well it’s Monday haha) and I will be grateful and happy with whatever gets thrown my way.
- Take time to deal with whatever issues are pressing. So for me right now, I have been spending the last few months really getting to know myself and my husband and rebuilding our relationship. We have talked more and really gotten closer since all the stuff that happened between us.
- Realize that sometimes you can’t deal with it all. Make a list of stuff that needs to be taken care of and give them a priority. Sometimes when we put too much on our plates, it feels as if nothing gets taken care of but if we prioritize what’s important, we can deal with things in a much more organized fashion and feel like things get accomplished. Also, ask for help when you need it. This one is hard for me but I am realizing more and more that sometimes we all need a little help.
- Make yourself a priority. This one is hard for me as I feel like all the kids and everything here is a more important priority than I am. I have realized, however, that if I am not at my best, how can I possibly be what they need me to be for them?
- Find something in your life that makes you happy and gives you strength. Focus on those things and each day becomes easier. I focus on my family and my children. They make me smile and give me happiness every day even when I feel as if I am drowning in negativity.
I am sure that you have all heard the saying when life throws you lemons you make lemonade? Well, the same can be said of anything life throws you. Take what you have been given and run with it. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and I am ready to roll with the punches and knock this life I have been given out of the ballpark.