March break is one of my favourite times of the year besides summer. I love it when my kids are home and not having to do a school run and the dreaded lunches. I also love that we have the week to spend time together and hopefully do some fun things. One of those things is this really easy pocket change dish. I love that we can each decorate a little of it and make it totally unique for our house.
So without much more babbling, here is what you need to make this really cute, unique pocket change dish for your home.
- Terracotta pot saucer
- White enamel craft paint
- Painter’s markers
- Foam paintbrush
- Lay out some scrap paper or old newspaper before you get started.
- Use your foam paint brush to paint the top and sides of your dish white and let dry.
- Once dry, flip your dish over, paint the bottom, and let dry.
- Paint a second coat over the whole dish and let dry.
- Use your painter’s markers to write “pocket change” onto the centre of the dish.
- Then continue to use the painter’s markers to draw a fun design around the edges and centre of the dish.
- Place on your counter and always have somewhere to toss your pocket change
This could also be used to make a dish for your jewellery like rings and earrings or pretty much anything you want to just place in a safe spot. With a little protective spray, you could also use this as a sponge holder in the kitchen as well. Although this was done with painting markers, the kids could have fun using paint and brushes on this as well.
What plans do you have this week for March break? Do you like to do crafts with the kids or do you go away on a much-needed vacation?
Pin For Later