I had so much fun with the DIY Reindeer placeholder craft that I just had to do something for the adults coming for dinner too. These napkin holders were also super easy, only need 4 materials and some hot glue and look so beautiful. They will definitely make a great addition to any holiday table. Although I loved my reindeer, I wanted something a little more sophisticated for the adults at the table and I wanted them to be homemade. I came up with these and I think they turned out beautifully.
Materials Needed (again all from the dollar store)
- Burlap ribbon
- Tiny red bows
- Chalkboard clips
- Tiny bells (assorted colours come in the pack, I just used the green and red ones for what I wanted)
- Hot glue gun
- Cut a piece of burlap ribbon about 10 inches long. Fold over one long edge to the middle and glue down, then once dry, do the same to the other long end so they overlap in the middle. Let dry. Fold into a circle and glue the two ends together
- Take a chalkboard clip and glue it down over the seam that you just made gluing the burlap together
- Take one of the bows and put the twist ties on it through the holes of the burlap and twist on the inside to attach them
- next glue on the little bells to the space on the bottom of the chalkboard clip and you are all done
I love the simplicity of these napkin holders and that I will be able to use these for years to come. With the ability to write names on the tiny chalkboard clip, we can change them up yearly which I love because as the kids get older, these will be something we can use for years to come. Super simple, they look great and will make sure to add a little sophisticated, rustic charm to any table this Christmas.
PIN FOR LATER