Disclosure: I partnered with UPPABaby to bring you this post and I was give the UPPABaby G-LUXE stroller to facilitate this review and post but as always my opinion is my own
I have a little bit of a stroller fetish. I love trying new ones out and I enjoy telling people when I find the perfect one for what I need. Now that Toby is a little older (and much bigger), using our big travel system was no longer an option and I needed something a little smaller, lighter (less than 15 pound total weight) and easy to maneuver around. Having to walk back and forth to the bus stop plus all of our family outings over the summer was easy thanks to the UPPABaby G-Luxe. It was easily folded up and put in my van for all of our road trips and doesn’t take up the whole trunk either.
The other thing I love about this stroller is its maneuverability. When we go for walks in the forested areas around my house and through the construction-laden streets, it is easy to push, doesn’t get stuck on every little rock or divet and is absolutely easy to push with only one hand. The cup holder is also the perfect height for my large water bottle so that when we do go over those bumps, it doesn’t fall out like I’ve had happen with other strollers. The large basket is perfect for holding essentials like the diaper bag and is still accessible when the stroller is reclined.
Some key features of the G-Luxe are:
- The G-LUXE stroller, the lightest full size reclining umbrella stroller in its class.
- One-wheel lock brake
- Easy access, large basket
- Extendable SPF 50+ Sunshade
- One-handed recline and adjustable footrest
- Stands when folded
- Removable, washable fabric
- Suitable for 6 months up to 15 kg
For me as a busy mom, things like the removable, washable fabric and the one-handed recline are great options. I also absolutely love the SPF 50+ sunshade and used it often over the summer. The quick, one-wheel lock that is easy engaged with just the touch of my foot ensured that Toby never gets away from me accidentally or when Oliver, the little helper he is, tries to push the stroller on his own.
Did you know?
UPPAbaby was founded in 2006 by Lauren and Bob Monahan, a husband and wife team, with three young children.
- Mission – to make the smartest strollers, car seats and juvenile gear available: intuitively designed, stylish and sleek, with the features and functions new parents want—plus innovations they never knew were possible.
- UPPAbaby is committed to providing customer service that is as exceptional as the company’s
- At UPPAbaby, we are committed to giving back to families in need and providing safe transport for families.
- Includes monetary donations, product donations, and volunteerism
- We created the UPPA Gives Back program to lift spirits by partnering with non-profit organizations that share the same mission of providing funds, services, and high quality and essential products to families in need.
Other charitable partners include:
- Baby Buggy- providing education, essential items and resources to families in need
- Safe Kids- dedicated to worldwide children’s safety, child passenger safety focus
- National MS Society, Boston Climb to the Top- volunteerism, sponsorship, and participation to raise awareness and funds for Multiple Sclerosis
I love that the G-Luxe has so many great features you wouldn’t expect to find on an umbrella-type stroller which makes this my go-to stroller for all our of errands, road trips and every day walks. It’s a little pricey but I feel that with some things especially strollers and car seats, it is worth spending a little more to get a really great quality stroller that will last far longer than I will actually need it for. I have had several in the past that didn’t even last me a year but I know that this one is going to outlast my little guy. For more information or to purchase your own, check out the website here.