I am a huge safety freak when it comes to my kids in the car. You all know this if you have been following along on the blog. I have had several seats but nothing compares to the Diono. I have two currently in my car now, the one my 3-year-old is in and now little man has his own too. It wasn’t that he outgrew the infant seat as much as my arm outgrew the infant seat. Toby weighs a whopping 25 pounds at almost 10 months and carrying that plus a seat was getting to be a little much so we switched him up to a seat I absolutely trust and love and I know it will be keeping him safe for years to come.
I also love that this will grow with him as well and he will be in for almost the entire time he needs to be in a seat, with the 10-year life of this seat, it can easily be the only seat you ever need. Another feature that the Radian rXT has that I have yet to see from another seat, is the rear-facing tether capability. I have yet to come across another seat on the market with this feature and I have had a few over the years.
I am absolutely in love with the colour of this seat although there are several colour choices that are completely awesome too. I thought the black cobalt was such a great choice for us. Another plus is that he is so comfortable in this seat that every time we get in the car, he is usually asleep within minutes.
- Full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched safety
- NEW! Premium plush interlock knit fabric (it is much softer than my older Diono)
- Comfortably seats rear-facing children from 2.3-20.5 kg (5-45 lbs), forward-facing children from 10 – 29.5 kg (22 – 65 lbs) and up to 144cm (57″) in a 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children between 23 and 54 kg (50 – 120 lbs).
- Unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation easy
- It also fits 3 across in most mid-size vehicles, folds flat for travel and is FAA certified
- Sits low on vehicle seat for easy child boarding and improved safety performance in a crash
- 10-year life from date of purchase
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort
- Energy absorbing EPS foam and side impact protection provides added safety
- Safestop® energy-absorbing harness
- Additional forward-facing recline position to accommodate different types of contoured vehicle seats, 12-position adjustable headrest, 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions deliver a comfortable ride.
- Rear-facing tether capability
- UAS installation up to 29.5 kg (65 lb) child
- Expandable sides and long seat bottom allow proper leg support
- Low-sitting profile makes it easy for your child to board
- Angled cup holder keeps a variety of drinks upright and within easy reach
- Cover is machine washable and dryable
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation