Isn’t it amazing as a parent all the little things you tend to forget between children? Having 5 gives me tons of experience although I do find that as my oldest gets older, so many things I may have used with her or on her have changed so much that they are either outdated or not recommended anymore (remember the cold medicine just for infants?) I am finding more and more I also am starting to choose more natural choices for everyday ailments. I just recently started using essential oils for myself and my older kids for just everyday ailments like headaches and stress and I am finding more and more I am choosing those over medication. This is why I love Cheeky Chompers so much. It helps when my little guy wants to chew and make his gums feel better without having to resort to a constant stream of pain medication. So as a mom who has had 5 different children approach teething very differently, I thought I would share 5 tips for tackling those tiny teeth and help you and your little deal with teething.
- Have rubber like teething toys close at hand that baby can hold and play with for chewing. The Cheeky Chomper chewy hippo is the perfect toy as it has large arm handles for baby to grab and it is BPA free and contains no phthalates. It’s cute and easy for my little guy to hang on to and soft enough for his little chompers
- The drool is unbelievable. I usually have a bib on my little ones just so they have a barrier between the drool and their clothes. I totally forgot about this one and my little guy was literally soaking through outfits every few hours. My new favourite bib is the Neckerchew. I get the barrier from the bandana like bib which is absorbent and stylish and he gets the ability to chew on a 100% silicone teether. Great thing too is that I don’t have to worry about this teether falling on the floor or losing it
- One of my go to remedies for teething is a baby washcloth. I wet the tip of one end and place it in the freezer for a few hours. Once it’s frozen it provides cold relief from sore gums and it’s small enough for little hands
- My older 3 never liked blankets or toys that they always hand, although my older 2 did have pacifiers for almost 4 years. Little man however, loves blankets. He loves to hold and play with them and lately putting them in his mouth, so the Comfortchew blanket is perfect. It’s small enough for his little hands, it has a strap so I can attach it to his wrist and he can’t lose it and it also has a silicone teether on one end for all his chomping needs
- My last line of defense for teething babes is two things. I always try the natural remedies first like Camilia and then if that doesn’t seem to help, I will use acetaminophen or ibuprofen to help ease the pain.
Teething is one phase I could do without but we all know that’s not possible but there are so many ways to ease your little ones pain and give them something to chomp on that is safe and effective. Tackling tiny teeth doesn’t have to be all tears and remember it doesn’t last forever.
Don’t forget to visit Cheeky Chompers Canada on Facebook.
How would you like to win a Cheeky Chompers Hippo teether for your little ones? Enter below for your chance.
OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY!