I have had so many strollers and travel systems over the last 12 years, I have lost count but there is not one that absolutely stands out from the rest, until now. I can tell that for all the money I have spent on strollers and car seats I wish the Snugride 35 and Modes 3 system were available back then. This is by far the best system I have ever had and I am not just saying this because I was given one to review.
The car seat itself is by far the selling point in this system. With a 35 pound and 32 inch weight and height limit, this will be the only seat we need for Toby’s first year making it not only a great bang for your buck but also the fact that my baby will be rear facing easily until he is 1. This also allows me to not have to purchase another seat until he is walking himself or close to it. I have never had an infant seat last this long as my babies always manage to hit the height limit way before their first year. I know since Toby started off as a preemie, he will stay little a little bit longer although you wouldn’t think that seeing his chunky little face now. Installation is a breeze with the included base although it was super easy to install using a seatbelt when I had to take the shuttle home from the dealership while getting our van serviced.
Features of the car seat are:
- 5-point front-adjust harness
- EPS foam
- side-impact tested
- adjustable canopy
- removable infant head and body support
- UAS-equipped stay-in-car base with 6-position dial adjustment
- for babies 4-35 lbs. and up to 32” tall
Now let me gush about the stroller! Like I said earlier, I have had several strollers over the years so I know exactly what I like and dislike about them. This stroller by far has so many positive features that I have nothing bad to say about it. I love that it has 5 ways to ride which makes things so easy when I am out and about. I love that I can just use the frame and the carseat together which makes getting around so easy. I don’t know about you but carrying a 14 pound baby and a carseat that weighs a few pounds too can wreak havoc on your back and arms so being able to quickly snap the car seat into the stroller frame is so helpful.
I also love that I can use it with the toddler seat as well for the full travel system. I use this when I am using the stroller to attend events or go places with my older kids. This allows full coverage for crappy weather and while baby is sleeping to make it a little darker although it does have a peek through flap to check on them while all nice and cozy inside. I love that I can push this stroller easily with one hand and it’s a very lightweight system even when the car seat is on it, not to mention that it isn’t overly large and easily goes on the buses and trains I use when going downtown. I have had to lift it up for a few places that weren’t accessible and it was easy to do by myself. By far my two favourite parts of this stroller are the 5 ways to use it and the one-hand fold. Watch this quick video demo on the fold:
Some of the features of the system:
- Stroller: for children up to 50 lbs.
- Five ways to ride. Five ways to ride includes infant car seat on frame facing parent or the world, stroller seat on frame facing parent or the world, or traditional travel system. One stroller + five options equals one happy kid!
- Flexible FastAction Fold. Works with or without the stroller seat, to fold two ways. The one-second fold provides the ultimate in travel system convenience for parents on-the-go.
- Accessories. The extra-large basket, peek-a-boo canopy, side-positioned child cup holders and a generous parent’s tray for drinks and storage make everyone’s lives easier.
- Easy carry. The lightweight sturdy frame makes it convenient to take on-the-go and makes quick trips with baby easier.
- Use this stroller in Travel System mode: place infant car seat directly on the stroller frame for lightweight travel, or use the stroller seat only. Both seats are reversible so baby can face you, or the world
- Click Connect system provides a one-step secure attachment of infant car seat to stroller
- Multi-position reclining seat helps keep your little one comfortably positioned during all your explorations together
- Convertible 3 or 5-point harness provides security as your child grows
- Three-wheel maneuverability, with locking front swivel wheel, provides maximum control with a sporty look
- Parent’s tray provides a place to store keys and drinks, with two cup holders and a storage compartment
- Side-positioned pivoting child cup holders for snacks, drinks or treasures keep the stroller profile streamlined
- Storage lock engages automatically when folded, and stroller stays upright for ease of use and storage
- Extra-large basket keeps your essentials at your fingertips while out and about
Overall, this is one of the best systems I have ever owned and if you are looking for a budget-friendly, long-lasting system, the Modes 3 Lite is definitely a must have on any baby must have list and why it’s part of mine.