Working from home and being a mom to 4 and keeping a household going is time consuming and exhausting and at the end of a busy day, the last thing I want to do is spend hours in the kitchen. I have lots of one pot recipes that I use on a regular basis and I am hoping to get as many up and done for you on the blog. I hope that you and your family may get a chance to enjoy it too!
So I decided to try out a recipe of my own and I may just have to start a one pot cooking board as I have a few myself.
- 1 pkg. Marc Angelo Ground Mild Sausage
- 1 650 ml jar of Classico Pasta Sauce (or any pasta sauce of your choosing)
- 1 410 ml jar of Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo sauce (or any other alfredo sauce of your choosing)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 lrg. onion
- 1 lrg. green pepper (I will be using a red pepper as well next time)
- 1 pkg. white mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 cubes of chopped frozen spinach (I could have used 5)
- 1 tbsp. Clubhouse vegetable seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Clubhouse intaliano seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry up the onion, peppers and mushroom in a pot (I used my dutch oven as it's my largest pan) in 1 tbsp of butter for about 5 minutes until the onions are translucent, add in the sausage meat and continue to cook until cook through, about 8 minutes. Add in the spinach, the pasta sauces, seasonings and pasta. Stir all together and cook for an additional 12 minutes, or until pasta is cooked all the way through
There are so many variations you could add to this meal to suit any family. I would do this again with a different meat like ground beef or turkey as well as what vegetables I put in and the pasta too. Experiment with what your family enjoys!