As per my husband’s request with a few instructions I made him a dish he loves from his childhood and his home country. I have made it before but my “Canadian” way and he wanted it the way he had remembered from home. So because it turned out really good, I am posting my UK version of corned beef hash here for all of you to try too.
- 8 medium to large potatoes, peeled
- 2 cans of corned beef
- 2 cans of beans in tomatoe sauce
- 2 large onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Peel and boil the potatoes, once they are cooked mash them with about 3 tbsp. margarine and 1/4 cup milk
- Fry the onion up in about a tbsp of butter
- Once they start to look good add in the corned beef and the beans, stir this all together
- Add a little salt and pepper and add into a casserole dish
- Cook on 400 for 20 minutes then switch the oven to broil to brown the top for the last 5-8 minutes
Hubby loved it and I will be making it part of our meal rotation. I hope you like it too!